NEWS & NOTICES
Ever been a little nervous or have questions about your health after doctor's office hours? Check out the back of your Anthem Blue Cross card for the 24/7 NurseLine at 1-800-977-0027.
- Speak to a registered nurse who is trained to help you make informed decisions about your health situations.
- Access the Audio Health Library for confidential recorded messages about hundreds of health topics. Available in English and Spanish.
- 24/7 NurseLine is not a substitute for medical emergencies.
URGENT CARE – If your injury or illness is not life threatening, consider going to an urgent care center. Using urgernt care centers is much more cost effective than going to the emergency room. There are many urgent care centers in the area. Only those referred by your primary care doctor would be under the HMO tier of the plan. Others would be PPO. Do some research, so that you have the information at hand should you need it.
- Your first step is to discuss the issue with your primary care physician (named on your Anthem card) to find out where you should go if you need care and cannot get in to see your doctor. Ask if you need a referral or not. Going to the urgent care is most cost effective under the HMO tier of your plan.
- You can also go to www.anthem.com/ca/nmusd and click on Urgent Care Centers to research those in your area. Always call them before you go to verify hours and confirm they are equipped to deal with your issue. Verify also that they are still an Anthem PPO provider.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY $$$$
Use Express Scripts Mail Order Pharmacy to save money on your maintenance medications. Receive a 90-day supply for the same co-pay as a 30-day supply at your local pharmacy. To have a form sent to your work site or home, email your request to Benefits Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
YOUR HEALTH BENEFIT COVERAGE
View your personal health benefit selections. View the dependents you have currently enrolled. Add or delete dependents.
HEALTH BENEFITS OFFERED
Newport-Mesa Unified School District offers health care benefits to all eligible employees with the completion of enrollment forms and attendance at a New Employee Benefit Orientation.
SUMMARY OF ...more
360 DEGREE HEALTH & WELLNESS FROM ANTHEM BLUE CROSS
360 Degree Health and Wellness - Surrounds you with the right resources, guidance and support to help improve your health. Access information you need to live healthier and feel better. You'll find everything from treatment options for diseases and conditions to basic tips on general health and wellness. You can also view health videos.
Special Offers - Check out the special discounts and offers available to you through this program.
VSP GET FIT WELLNESS PROGRAM
Regular eye exams are important to maintaining your eye health and so are diet and exercise. Maintaining a normal body weight can help decrease your risk for developing diabetes, cardiovascular disease and many other chronic conditions. VSP offers many tools to assist you in your own personal program to get fit. You can set up a goals worksheet and track your progress, calculate calories and measure the distance you walk. Check them all out at VSP GETFIT .
CIGNA Dental Health
Did you know that your oral health could be an indicator of your overall health? See these tips for
EAP - RESOURCES
Contact the Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-828-6049.
Our Employee Assistance Program website www.liveandworkwell.com (access code 11670) includes Life Stages Center with resources to help during these challenging economic times such as Financial Fitness Center, Workforce in Transition Center and Coping with Stress. Wellness Monthly newsletters provide focus on individual subjects. See Wellness Newsletters.
Name Change - The company providing your EAP was formerly called United Behavioral Health Plan. The new name is OPTUM Health. Same plan - just a company name change.