OPEN ENROLLMENT ONLINE
Sept. 2nd Open Enrollment Begins
Sept. 19th Open Enrollment Closes
Logon using your regular N-MUSD logon
2014 Open Enrollment calendar click here
Anthem POS Presentation
(Give video a moment to load and turn your speakers on to hear the presentation. Once open, click the screen icon in the lower right corner to see it full screen.)
If a screen pops up that says restricted - click continue.
We hope this 11 minute review of your Anthem POS health plan will help you make informed decisions in seeking the best and most cost-effective care for you and your family.
If you cannot hear the presentation, you may open the dialog here and read along with the presentation.
Anthem Summary of Benefits and Coverage
NEWS & NOTICES
Ever been a little nervous or have questions about your health after doctor's office hours? Check out the back of your Anthem Blue Cross card for the 24/7 NurseLine at 1-800-977-0027.
- Speak to a registered nurse who is trained to help you make informed decisions about your health situations.
- Access the Audio Health Library for confidential recorded messages about hundreds of health topics. Available in English and Spanish.
- 24/7 NurseLine is not a substitute for medical emergencies.
URGENT CARE – If your injury or illness is not life threatening, consider going to an urgent care center. Using urgernt care centers is much more cost effective than going to the emergency room. There are many urgent care centers in the area. Only those referred by your primary care doctor would be under the HMO tier of the plan. Others would be PPO. Do some research, so that you have the information at hand should you need it.
- Your first step is to discuss the issue with your primary care physician (named on your Anthem card) to find out where you should go if you need care and cannot get in to see your doctor. Ask about steps for obtaining an urgent care referral. Going to the urgent care is most cost effective under the HMO tier of your plan.
- You can also go to www.anthem.com/ca/nmusd and click on Urgent Care Centers to research PPO centers in your area. Always call them before you go to verify hours and confirm they are equipped to deal with your issue. Verify also that they are still an Anthem PPO provider.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY $$$$
Use Express Scripts Mail Order Pharmacy to save money on your maintenance medications. Receive a 90-day supply for the same co-pay as a 30-day supply at your local pharmacy. To have a form sent to your work site or home, email your request to Benefits Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
360 DEGREE HEALTH & WELLNESS FROM ANTHEM BLUE CROSS
360 Degree Health and Wellness - Surrounds you with the right resources, guidance and support to help improve your health. Access information you need to live healthier and feel better. You'll find everything from treatment options for diseases and conditions to basic tips on general health and wellness. You can also view health videos.
Special Offers - Check out the special discounts and offers available to you through this program.
CIGNA Dental Health
Did you know that your oral health could be an indicator of your overall health? See these tips for Keeping Your Teeth Healthy. See also Your Guide to Good Oral Health. In addition CIGNA offers information about Caring for Your Child's Teeth and Gums.