The Newport-Mesa Unified School District Warehouse department exists to benefit and support the District’s overall educational goals for its students. Our mission is to enable all departments, teachers, and students to maximize their daily potential.
When we provide goods, services, or manpower to District sites, we successfully meet the needs of our students and co-workers, allowing them to meet the educational goals they strive for. Support is key in providing our customers (students and fellow employees), the best possible opportunity to meet their goals in a seamless and fulfilling environment.
- Intra-district Mail pickup, sorting and delivery daily to all sites.
- U.S. Mail pick-up, sorting, postage application and post office delivery daily.
- Purchase Order processing of incoming ordered materials daily.
- Freight delivery, receiving and storage of materials daily.
- Asset tagging and tracking of all high-dollar items received into inventory.
- Secure asset storage of high-dollar materials in separate secure facility.
- Inventory tracking via cycle counts and yearly inventory of all assets.
- Product equipment storage of all materials in inventory, archives, and miscellaneous supplies.
- Order returns pick-up from sites as needed.
- Document shredding and disposal as needed.
Freight Delivery/Stores Orders
- Freight deliveries to individual sites of materials ordered from outside vendors.
- Stores orders processing and deliveries of materials ordered daily.
- Transfer of equipment from site to site or warehouse to site as needed.
- Science kit pick-up and delivery from site locations as needed.
- Obsolete product liquidation from site locations as needed.
- Obsolete equipment pick-up from site locations as needed.
- Donation pick-ups from outside sources as needed.
- Board and testing material deliveries as needed.
- Emergency Bin maintenance provided for all site locations.
- E-Waste Recycling program for excess and obsolete materials.