Payroll - You Can Count on Us!
About Your W-2
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 requires employers to report the total cost of employer-sponsored health coverage on employees Form W-2. The cost of employer-sponsored health coverage is reported in Box 12, Code DD. The amount reported as Code DD is not taxable.
The amount in Box 12 includes the total cost of medical insurance (Anthem Blue Cross) for the employee and any enrolled family members, and OCAP paid by the employer and employee. Reportable costs also include taxable amounts to the employee for coverage of any person covered by the plan as a domestic partner. Dental, vision, life, and optional insurance products are NOT included.
- Click here for a list of employee pay dates and attendance periods.
- Do you have questions about your PARS account? Click here.
- Effective the September 24, 2010 pay date, employees receiving paper paychecks for their normal earnings can view, download and print their stub information from the Employee Information System (EIS). Employees will see the current calendar year of stubs plus 3 years of history.
- Income Tax Withholding Federal and State tax tables are updated effective for 2014 pay dates.
- Social Security Wage Base for 2014. Effective with 2014 pay dates the Social Security rate remains 6.2% for the employee deduction. For more details go to www.irs.gov or consult a tax professional.
- The 2014 social security wage base increases to $117,000. The maximum social security tax employees and employers will each pay in 2014 is $7,254.00. There is no maximum wage base for Medicare and the tax rate remains 1.45% for both employee and employer contributions.
- Effective beginning in 2013 wages paid in excess of $200,000 will be subject to a 0.9% Medicare tax withheld from the employee's wages. There is no employer contribution.
- Pension Plan Limits in 2014. The limitation concerning elective deferrals to deferred compensation plans §403(b) and §457 remains unchanged at $17,500. Catch-up contributions toward §403(b), and §457(b) plans for individuals age 50 or over remains unchanged at $5,500. For more details go to www.irs.gov or consult a tax professional.
Employee Information System Online Pay Stub Access
The Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) provides all employees access to their pay stubs online through the Employee Information System (EIS).
Access to view, download and print pay stubs includes employees who receive paper checks! All employees now can see pay stub history on EIS in the current calendar year plus three calendar years back.
Pay stubs, W2 forms, and sick/vacation balances are available on the Employee Information System located on the Payroll Services web page – http://web.nmusd.us/payroll. Find the red button on the right-hand side of the page and click on the Employee Information System. Login instructions for the EIS are located under the heading REFERENCE.
If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Department at 714-424-5055.