Board of Education
The Newport-Mesa Unified School District Board of Education is comprised of seven elected members, who are the governing body of the District, which act during legally constituted meetings in which a quorum of the Board is present. It derives its powers from the Constitution and Statutes of the State of California. The government of the school is vested in the Board of Education.
The Board of Education represents the people of the District. They function as a goal setting, policy making and evaluating body. The Board has jurisdiction over the District, its programs, employees, pupils, building sites and equipment.
Board members are elected by the public to work for the best education interest of all of its students.
Board of Education Priorities:
Improve academic achievement from 2019 levels, focusing on early literacy and the expansion of learning opportunities
- Expand whole-child support
- More meaningfully communicate and engage with constituents
- Develop maintenance and facility master plans
- ASHLEY ANDERSON, PRESIDENT - TRUSTEE AREA 7
- CAROL CRANE, VICE PRESIDENT - TRUSTEE AREA 3
- KRISTA WEIGAND, CLERK - TRUSTEE AREA 6
- LEAH ERSOYLU, TRUSTEE AREA 1
- MICHELLE MURPHY, TRUSTEE AREA 2
- LISA PEARSON, TRUSTEE AREA 4
- MICHELLE BARTO, TRUSTEE AREA 5
- TRUSTEE AREA BOUNDARY MAP
ASHLEY ANDERSON, PRESIDENT - TRUSTEE AREA 7
CAROL CRANE, VICE PRESIDENT - TRUSTEE AREA 3
KRISTA WEIGAND, CLERK - TRUSTEE AREA 6
LEAH ERSOYLU, TRUSTEE AREA 1
MICHELLE MURPHY, TRUSTEE AREA 2
LISA PEARSON, TRUSTEE AREA 4
MICHELLE BARTO, TRUSTEE AREA 5
TRUSTEE AREA BOUNDARY MAP
Board Governance Calendar
The Board's governance calendar for the 2022-23 school year is an organizational tool that provides an overview of the Board's work.
Board Governance Protocols
The 2023 NMUSD Board Protocols were adopted by the Board in March 2023.
Please visit the Orange County Registrar of Voters website for information about the elections.
Executive Assistant, Confidential