To provide facilities and environments that meet the educational needs of students and staff in a way that:
- Provides space and equipment that enhances learning.
- Provides safe environments conforming to all federal, state and local codes and all State Board of Education and local Board of Education requirements.
- Provides lasting, quality structures with building materials that have a long life and ease of maintenance and repair.
- Provides cost effective buildings while responsibly spending tax generated funds so that student achievement and learning is enhanced.
- Assure effective land and building utilization through a comprehensive program of professional facilities planning and capital development.
- Plan and develop campus facilities and grounds through an integrated program of renovations, alterations, new construction and maintenance support.
- Continually develop, evaluate, and administer, criteria and standards for the design, construction, and aesthetic improvement of all campus facilities and grounds.
- We are a service organization dedicated to the success and satisfaction of students, staff and parents.
- Each individual is a team member who contributes to the decision making process.
- We seek creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of students, staff and parents within the NMUSD family
- We stress a safe campus environment for our students, staff, parents and visitors.
- We promote personal growth of our staff through education and training.
- Establishes District Design Standards
- Oversees Facility Alterations and Improvements
- Site Modifications
- Provides Project Management
- Manages Capital Projects
- Responds to Fire and Life Safety Issues
- Maintains District Blue Prints to all District Facilities
- Annual School Site Capacity Updates
- Master Planning
- Photo Documentation of Projects and School Sites
- Request for Proposals (RFP) solicited from architects and engineers for district project
- Provides construction management
- Provides DSA licensed Inspectors of Records (IOR) for all projects.
- California Department of Education (CDE)
- Office of Public School Construction (OPSC)
- Department State Architect (DSA)
- American with Disabilities Compliance
- Air Quality Management District (AQMD)
- City of Costa Mesa
- City of Newport Beach
- Costa Mesa Sanitation District
- Mesa Consolidated Water District
- Local Fire Authority
- Legal Coordination with County Council
- Contracts with Architectural Firms for New Construction/Remodels
- Contracts work with General and Specialty Contractors
- Maintains Property Leases at School Sites, District Sites and Other
- District Related Venues.
Ara K. Zareczny, LEED AP
Administrative Director II, Facilities Development, Planning and Design
Administrative Assistant II
Facilities Planning Coordinator
District Project Inspector
Jaime Vejar, Jr.