The Operations (Grounds) section's mission is to ensure all students and faculty have a safe and healthy environment while they learn and work. While safety is our first priority, it is also our goal that each site offers an aesthetically appealing environment; one that adds value to the learning and working experience and offers appeal to our community.
- Landscape of all sites.
- Continually monitor irrigation system, repair / replace as needed.
- Annual certification of backflow devices district-wide.
- Monitor and maintain athletic turf surfaces.
- Aerate and fertilize athletic fields.
- Service to District Stadiums; provide upkeep on an as-needed basis.
- Inspect playground equipment fall surfaces.
- Sweeper cleaning service to hardscape areas.
- Implement District integrated pest management.
- Trees and Shrubs
- Garden Areas
City of Newport Beach Leaf Blower Ordinance
The City of Newport Beach passed an ordinance limiting the use of leaf-blowers in residential areas, ordinance #2011-12. Newport-Mesa Unified School District facilities, as well as other properties noted in the ordinance, are exempt from these limitations.
Maintenance & Operations Manager - Grounds
FIRE OR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY - CALL 911
NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS: (714) 424-7520
(7:30am - 4:30pm)
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES:
(4:30pm - 7:30AM)
24 Hours (Saturday-Sunday)