New Hire Benefit Information
Congratulations and Welcome to Newport-Mesa Unified School District. Below you will find information for options available for your benefit enrollment. The information is for your review to help you decide what plans are available for you and your dependents.
New Employees - Your Benefits Program
- Kaiser Medical 4 Steps to Care Flyer
- Kaiser Traditional HMO Benefit Summary
- Cigna Medical Select HMO Flyer
- Cigna Medical Select HMO Benefit Summary
- Cigna Medical Network HMO Flyer
- Cigna Medical Network HMO Benefit Summary
- Cigna Medical Open Access Plus Flyer
- Cigna Medical Open Access Plus Benefit Summary
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cigna Enrollment Hotline - Plan Information & Guidance
- Cigna Find a Doctor or Dentist
Below are Optional Products that are not part of the District funded Health and Welfare Benefit Unit. These are optional, employee-paid plans. The District will deduct the premiums from your paycheck and pay the company on your behalf.
Enrollment in these plans is for -
New Hires: within 30 days of the hire date
Active Employees: During Open Enrollment in August and September
WEX Discovery Benefits
- Health Care FSA (Medical Flexible Spending Account)
- Dependent Care FSA (Dependent Care Spending Account)
During your online enrollment more information is available by clicking on the Resources Tab, Question marks and Information icons throughout the enrollment process.
Check out the other links available at the top of this page, listed under BENEFITS
After enrollment: Review your enrollment coverage or make changes
NEWPORT MESA INFORMATION
- Medical Benefit Plans Comparison Chart
- Dental Benefit Plans Comparison Chart
- Active Rate Sheet
- Dependent Eligibility
- Do not enroll prior to your scheduled zoom meeting
- If your intent is to decline all, you still must complete the process. Do not forget to enroll in the Basic Life Insurance. This is paid for by the district and is a death benefit to your beneficiary(ies).
- Enroll with your district log in information. If you need help with your log in ID and password contact the IT help desk at 714-424-4357.
- Select your District Benefits and Optional Plans
- Review, confirm your selections and click Submit.
- Look for any documents that you are required to send to Benefits via the secure webpage or mail (Inter district or US Mail) to benefits.
- Look for any forms that you are required to download, complete, print and sign (live, ink signatures only will be processed - computer font signatures are not legal). Once you have signed you can scan and upload back to you online enrollment or send via mail (Inter district or US Mail) to benefits. Please do not email these forms, some contain sensitive and private information.
- You have 30 days to enroll from your date of hire. Exceptions may be permitted for August-September hires.
- Your benefits are effective the first of the month after your date of hire. (Exception for August and September 10-11 Month Employees - your benefits start 10/01/XX).
- Qualifying events for dependents must be made within 30 days of the event. (See Dependent Eligibility Document).
- If you are in paid status on the last day of school, your benefits continue until 09/30/XX.
- No Statement of Health is required for new hires enrolling in Long Term Disability and Optional Life up to $150,000 for Employee and $20,000 for Spouse.
- If you enrolled in a medical plan you should receive your card(s) within 2 weeks. Prior to receiving your cards you can log on and register at kp.org or mycigna.com to print temporary cards.
- There is no card for the Dental PPO. You will receive a card for Dental HMO.
- Review the Medical Plans Comparison Chart and Active Rate Sheet.