The Newport-Mesa Unified School District is self-insured for its statutory workers’ compensation benefits. All medical, surgical and disability costs are paid directly by the District through our program administrator, Keenan and Associates.
IF YOU ARE INJURED WHILE PERFORMING THE DUTIES OF YOUR JOB OR VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY, you must report your injury IMMEDIATELY to the supervising employee, the office manager, secretary or the Benefits Management office before leaving the site. If you have a Physician Pre-Designation Form signed by your primary treating physician on file in the Benefits Management office with the name of your personal physician listed, you may receive treatment from him or her for your injury. If you have not filed a Physician Pre-Designation Form, you must go to one of the facilities or doctors approved by the District. A list of approved facilities is provided below.
If you should receive a major injury such as a fracture, head injury, eye injury or severe laceration, you will be sent directly to the nearest emergency clinic or emergency room. You must keep in mind that Keenan ad Associates will not reimburse a doctor for services if the doctor was not previously designated by you or was not on the District-approved list of providers. Additionally, services may not be paid if you have not reported the injury to the Benefits Management office through your supervisor.
Benefits Management staff will also contact your treating physicians. If you have any questions regarding your medical care or other benefits, please contact Benefits Management. The Benefits Management office is located at 2985-A Bear Street, Costa Mesa. The office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you have any questions, please call Benefits Management at 714-424-5011. Benefits Management’s fax number is 714-424-8946.
District Approved Medical Facilities
2362 Morse Ave. Irvine
3100 W. Warner Ave. Santa Ana
|AFTER HOURS OR EMERGENCY TREATMENT ONLY|
|Hoag Memorial Hospital||
1 Hoag Drive Newport Beach
To access Keenan SafeSchools Online Safety Training follow instructions below:
Using your web browser, go to:
- Your username is your employee ID number.
- Once you enter your username, the system will verify who you are. If it is correct, click the “Log Me In” button.
- By clicking on the Take More Courses button, you will see a list of available courses.
- Start a course by clicking on the course title.
- Make sure your Pop Up Blockers are set to allow viewing.
- Click where indicated in the Pop Up Blocker message and click “Temporarily Allow Pop-up.”
- The courses have audio so be sure to turn up your speakers.
- You must complete each section of the course and pass the quiz in order to receive full credit.
- Supervisor's Report of Employee Injury and Accident Investigation Report
- Referral for Medical Services
- Referral for Medical Services - Pre-Designated Doctor
- Report of Exposure to Bodily Fluids
- Accident / Injury Checklist
- Physician's Pre-Designation Form
- Workers' Compensation Procedure Manual
- New Hire Pamphlet
- Information About Medical Care
Workers Comp Analyst