DONATE AN INSTRUMENT
If you have any unused musical instruments, please contact us or your child's school for information on how to make a tax-deductible donation that can help a deserving student. Band & orchestra instruments, guitars & ukuleles, hand drums, and small percussion are all needed.
“The arts especially address the idea of aesthetic experience. An aesthetic experience is one in which your senses are operating at their peak; when you’re present in the current moment; when you’re resonating with the excitement of this thing that you’re experiencing; when you are fully alive.”
― Ken Robinson
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before."
- Neil Gaiman
"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut
Newport- Mesa Unified believes that every student must have access to education and opportunities in the Visual and Performing Arts. The district is divided into 4 zones, each based upon the four comprehensive high schools that our middle and elementary schools feed into. There are arts opportunities at every site for every child.
We have partnerships with the city, community organizations, and arts communities throughout Orange County. We have created venues for student performances, written grants to enhance technology and learning in the arts, and have hosted events and festivals that allow our students to shine.
For more information about visual and performing arts programs available to your child, please visit each individual school's website.
SCHOOL ARTS WEBPAGES
Back Bay/ Monte Vista High School
Costa Mesa High School Arts Webpage
Corona Del Mar High School Arts Webpage
Early College High School Arts Webpage
Estancia High School Arts Webpage
Newport Harbor High Arts School Webpage
Ensign Middle School Arts Webpage
The Orange County Register has announced their nominees for the Artist of Year. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff that have invested in their students and aided them to work on their auditions and portfolio submissions. Your students deserve much recognition for their hard work and growth throughout the years. Bravo!
- Chandler Rose Green, NHHS
- Alexandria Rose Schachter, NHHS
- Ella Katherine Avital , CdMHS
- Je Anne Hendrickx, CDMHS
- Olivia Sandoval , CDMHS
- Rosemary Bagnara, CMHS
- Grace Dickinson , CMHS
- Jaidyn Soldin , CMHS
- Colin Sutton, CMHS
- Isabella Mills, CMHS
- Colin Sanchez,CMHS
- Rachel Laurence, CMHS
- Grace Dickinson, Ceramics, CMHS
- Sami Gaites, Ceramics,CMHS
- Alexandra Hernandez, Ceramics, CMHS
- Breezy Kash,Ceramics, CMHS
- Rosalynn Ethany Madriaga , Ceramics, CMHS
- Samantha Hernandez, Drawing, CMHS
- Amelia Lin , Drawing, CdMHS
- Madeline Stute, Drawing, CMHS
- Imogen Charlotte Sheffield, MIxed Media, CdMHS
- Lisa Wang, Mixed Media, CdMHS
- Nick Highman , Painting, CMHS
- Lee Lawson, Painting, CMHS
- Kristina Park, Painting, CMHS
- Kyra Kirsch, Sculpting/3D , CMHS
- Jacob A Fesili (trombone), CMHS
- Joseph Hufford (guitar),CMHS
- Nolan Nguyen (trumpet),CMHS
- Kevin Ramces Cardona (guitar),CMHS
- Isabella Mills, CMHS
- Rin Sakaske ,Digital Illustration, CMHS
Teacher on Special Assignment