District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The DELAC is an advisory committee comprised of representatives from each school’s English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The role of the DELAC is to advise the Newport-Mesa Unified School District on programs and services for English learners.
As an advisory group, DELAC member duties include:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners.
- Conducting of a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan.
Each school's ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one of its members to be a site representative DELAC member. Only DELAC elected representatives may vote on voting items and elect officers. DELAC members will receive appropriate training and materials to assist in carrying out required advisory responsibilities.
2023-2024 Meeting Dates
- October 18
- November 29 - Agenda
- January 17
- February 28
- March 27
- April 24
- May 22
All meetings held from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Please check meeting agendas for details.