Newport-Mesa Administrators Association
Serving the Certificated and Classified Management of the Newport-Mesa Unified School District
The general purpose of this Association shall be to promote the advancement of public education, school management, and leadership in the Newport-Mesa Unified School District. The specific purposes are as follows:
- To become informed of and to implement the most effective techniques and methods of public school management for the good of the students and the communities we serve.
- To advance public education through research and investigation.
- To increase, in the community at large, an awareness of the importance of public education and the role of public school leaders.
- To support and encourage legislation and laws that are in the best interest of students and public education.
- To increase professional and social contacts among public school leaders and managers, as well as others engaged in public education.
- To provide guidance and support in matters concerned with the advancement and support of public education.
- To disseminate information about organizations which exhibit a concern for public education and public school management and leadership.
- To encourage and reward genuine interest in public education as a career among public school students in the communities we serve.
Memberships in the N-MAA shall be open to all interested persons who meet the following criteria:
- Current leadership responsibility and active involvement in public education, including those in training (i.e. administrative interns), supporting, and consulting services whose job description identify them as performing public management or supervisory responsibilities
- Confidential employees
Association of California School Administrators (ACSA)
The Association of California School Administrators was established in 1971. ACSA is the largest umbrella organization for school leaders in the nation, serving more than 16,000 school leaders. The mission of ACSA is to support California’s educational leaders; ensure all students have the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel; and champion public education.
- Association of California School Administrators (ACSA)
- ACSA Region 17 serves Orange County
The Executive Board meets once a month at 7:15 am using the following agenda to guide discussion:
- Welcome and Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Cabinet Update
- New Business
- Old Business
- Ad Hoc Committee Reports
- Committee Reports
- Representative Reports