Skip to main content

Transportation - Frequently Asked Questions


Q:  Is there bus service available for my student to their school?
  Check the Bus Stops Link to see available stops for each school.

Q:  How far is my student expected to walk to a bus stop or to their school?  
A:  All elementary students (K thru 6) are expected to travel up to .75 miles to the bus stop or school.  For middle school students, the maximum distance is 1.5 miles, and high school students may have to travel up to 2 miles from their service address to the bus stop or school.

Q:  Does my student need a bus pass?
A:  All students are required to have a bus pass to ride the bus.  This is for the student's safety.  The bus pass tells the bus driver who the student is, where the student needs to be dropped off, and if the student needs to be met by an adult.

General Ed Bus Pass Application Process:

Q:  How do I apply for a bus pass?
A: The Bus Pass Application is only available online.  Bus Passes will be sent to the school once they are processed.  PLEASE NOTE:  A separate application must be completed for each student applying for a bus pass.

Q:  What is the cost of a bus pass?
A:  Annual Roundtrip $360.00, Annual One Way $190. Semester Roundtrip $190.00, Semester One Way $100.00. (Exceptions for Rea School, Whittier School, Wilson School and Special Education Students.)

Q:  Do I qualify for a free or reduced bus pass?
A:  You may be eligible for a free or reduced bus pass.  Complete and email the Supplemental Form. along with proof of income from all sources for all people living in the home as listed on the form to  

Q:  Are refunds available?  
A:  Refunds will only be provided for unused bus passes when a student moves out of the school district.

Q:  How do I replace a lost bus pass or make a change?
A: There is a $10.00 replacement fee for a lost or modified pass.  Visit our office at 2985 Bear Street, Building D, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 to request a replacement.
For students who have moved, address verification from the Welcome Center is required before a new bus pass can be issued.

Special Ed Bus Service:

Q:  How do I know if my student is eligible for Special Education Transportation?
A:  Eligibility is determined by the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).  Questions regarding Special Education Transportation should be directed to the student's Teacher or Case Carrier.  Students who are eligible will still need a bus pass to ride the bus for their safety.  If the student does not have a bus pass, please contact Transportation at 714-424-5034 and specify that your request is for a special needs student.